top of page

Authorized Commissioner of Oaths in New Brunswick

When you sign an affidavit in front of a Commissioner of Oaths, you are swearing or affirming that the contents of the document are true. The Commissioner of Oaths is authorized to take your oath or solemn affirmation when you sign an affidavit. The Commissioner of Oaths will sign the document and will place their commissioner of oaths stamp near the signature.

Put a stamp on contract

Documentation for Commissioning

Types of documentation that require commissioning:

Affidavit of service

Affidavits required in legal proceedings

Consent to travel letters for children

Divorce documents

Separation agreements

Name change applications

Residency documentation

Insurance claims - proof of loss

Lost passport declarations

Lost permanent resident card

Financial documents

Various other types of documents requiring a Commissioner of Oaths

Hood Provincial Document Service has a Commissioner of Oaths appointed under the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act that can administer oaths and take affidavits, declarations and affirmations within New Brunswick. Appointments can be made at our office, or we can make arrangements for one to visit you based on your needs. 

legal notice icon

Get Your Oaths Administered

Do you need help with the commissioning of your documentation? Reach out to us.

bottom of page